Tuesday, May 31, 2005

IQ Test Results and the Joy of Work

From the online quiz creators at Tickle.com, it turns out I am a "word warrior" based off their IQ test. I guess four years at a good college (make that an excellent college) paid off and my degree in English is now a confirmed accurate symbol of my stellar language skills.

Seems the Gods have shined down on us cubicle workers! Tomorrow is the big office work party at Cellular Field. Its the White Sox vs. the Angels. My company has been planning this event for some time now, so it was a complete surprise when we all found out last week that we will have to leave work early to catch the first pitch. The starting time for the game was mysteriously changed, and we now have the opportunity to soak up more of the afternoon's rays. I will be meeting co-workers I speak to daily on the phone, but have never met in person. Should be interesting...I already have a plan B where I disguise my name and voice if anyone looks as scary as they sound.

A mass email went out to employees, reminding us to remain on our best behavior (as if one would get too drunk and pass out in the stands), and that we are a reflection of our bosses and company. Oh the pressure!

And in honor of the game tomorrow, my company has lifted the "access denied" barrier from sports internet sites. A woo hoo! Its a party in here already.