Sunday, May 22, 2005

It's sad when...

It's sad when you can't wait until the end of the day because "your" season finales air. I claim them as "my season finales" because they are the shows I watch, and make it a point to watch every Sunday evening. My shows are Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

I look forward to both shows for different reasons. Desperate Housewives has appeal because I grew up in the suburbs on a similar-looking street to Wisteria Lane. I like to let my mind wander about what actually might have happened on my block. Probably nothing, but Mrs. Cooper was a mysterious woman with lots of money, no career, and no husband...

Grey's Anatomy has one major attractive aspect and his name is Patrick Dempsey (or as NBC likes to call him, "Dr. Dreamy"). However, I find myself despising certain scenes because I am not a fan of Meredith Grey, the main character. Perhaps this is because she is sleeping with Dr. Dreamy. Hands off bi@#$, you have patients to look after.

Both shows are so good, and bring the weekend to such a fulfilling close. What did I do before them? How did my weekends end and how did I feel ready to start the work week? Ah yes, there was Sex and the City...and then there were all the Sex and the City DVDs.

I am seeing a startling trend in my train of thought, but it seems to have been growing for quite awhile. I am conciously planning my day around the season finales. I am feeling the need to tune in because the shows are "must watch" episodes. I feel like I would be missing something. There is all this pressure to view. I thought I was more of an individualist, so you can see why this is frightening. Should I revolt and not watch? Probably will not happen because I know I would just be receiving the synopsis from my friends on Monday(per my request). I might as well give in and choose another way to be a rebel. I'll refuse to watch the re-runs.