Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Day at the Office

I work in a place that resembles the Initech building in the movie "Office Space"- literally.

Today we had the "Fish Party" to celebrate Fish's one year birthday. Allow me to explain. Fish is a spirit group, so to speak, where representatives from each department in the company get together and plan "fun" events in an effort to get employees excited about work. The Fish party revolved around pizza, kareoke, a boggle tournament, a supervisors race around the cubicles, and a cake shaped like an ocean. All afternoon, the sound of horrible singing was coming from the break room while I sat quietly in my cubicle, questioning why no one else seemed to have any work to do.

I wish I had a Chotchkie's, so I can escape periodically throughout the workday.