Friday, August 19, 2005

If I had a mini, under-cover camera...

Oh the pictures I would take if I had an Austin Powers-esk camera at work. More and more each day, I am inspired to take photos by the people and things I see in my building.

We are currently having "International Week," which means each department has a different country based on your bosses ethnic origin. Its a competition- decorations, food, and overall moral are judged upon. My department is the Philippines. Our area is decorated with palm trees, tiki torches, grass-hut material, lanterns, etc.

There are more reasons as to why I want a mini-camera. Beyond the International Week, my office is full of oddities, including strange people with clothing fetishes, and morale posters that make one laugh about their company rather take pride in the business. The candy lady, an older woman who has a plethora of candy at her desk to solicit visitors, wears a visor everyday. Its not sunny in the office, and the flourescent lights can't be that bright. I don't understand. Its a mystery that will go on unsolved, similar to what the IT men actually do.